Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Argh Matey!

We went to story time this morning and the theme was all about pirates.  Kaili thought it was the coolest thing ever.  They read books about pirates, made spy glasses, colored pirate pictures, and even got to take home an eye patch.  As soon as we got home, Kaili ran upstairs announcing that she was going to put on her pirate clothes.

She spent the rest of the day like this:
I tried several times to fix her eye patch but she insisted that she was wearing it the right way.  It looked extremely painful but she was having the time of her life, or at least the time of her day.

This has nothing to do with pirates but this is a cute picture of Kaili picking raspberries with her grandma last weekend.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Sean was pretty excited to see that Kaili liked pirates too. He got a book/play set about pirates. It furnished him with a patch, doubloons,parrot, map, compass,and a dagger. But be careful, I got a lecture from Rob to make sure that if he was wearing his eye patch to take plenty of breaks and switch eyes every once in a while. He'd be proud that I passed it on to you.

Lauren in GA said...

I have to agree...that eye patch looks pretty painful. I love that you got a picture of it cutting into her flesh ;)