The only thing missing was a wall. So I headed to Goodwill, bought some sheets and shower curtain hooks, taught myself how to make button holes, and made a $6 wall. I then realized that the stairs were open to the back room as well so I made a sheet wall for that as well.
You might laugh at the ghettoness, but I have to admit - I’m pretty impressed with myself. We’ve already started using the basement more and Kaili loves playing in her new castle.
I also convinced Dan to install ceiling fans in the girls’ rooms today. Our upstairs is much warmer than downstairs and the girls always wakeup sweaty. He said he would do it if I could find $20 fans – so I did. They’re not the prettiest fans ever and white wasn’t my first choice, but the difference they make is amazing!
(Thank you Dan for putting the fan together so I could see what it looked like, taking it apart, installing it, and then installing the other fan as well. You are my hero!)
5 comments:
You crack me up. I always say things are, "Ghettofabulous"...
Where did you find ceiling fans for $20.00? I want some!!
You definitely are ghetto and I'm so glad you are finally embracing your ghetto-ness! ;-) Oh the wall is amazing!
We just put those same fans in the guest rooms here! You have to love sales at Lowes!!!
That is such a great idea! And the baby blanket looks amazing! I like the new pattern!
The sheet wall works...it's not ghetto.
The fans in the rooms are nice, too. We just put the $20 fans in the kids' rooms in our home also and our kids always want their fans left on at night. (We leave ours on all night also.)
Post a Comment