Sunday, June 20, 2010

Slate Run

For my birthday Dan was very thoughtful and got me a small camera I can keep in my purse since our camera is pretty big. I love it. The only problem is that I keep forgetting to download the pictures from the smaller camera and then I sit and wonder where the pictures are so I can blog about them.

Last Friday several of my friends and I took our kids to Slate Run Living Historical Farm. It was a perfect day and we all had a blast.

We got to pick peas from their beautiful, gigantic garden that they planted by hand.
The kids loved seeing the horses in the barn and getting to climb up in the loft. They even had this treadmill for a dog that ran one of their machines.
The most loved stop was at the wheelbarrow full of dried corn. The kids LOVED using these metal circles to get all the corn off the cobs for feeding to the animals. (Kaili is behind the head on the right.)
One of the sheep was allowed to walk around as he pleased and we found him in the barn where all the dried corn cobs were. He kept putting his head in Averi’s stroller and sniffing at her while she slept. I thought it was really cute until I realized that he was just looking for food, smelled her g-tube, and stuck his head in my lunch bag.
The pigs were huge and disgusting. They had to be at least 5 times my size and they just sat around in piles of their own poo that the farmer was collecting to spread on the fields.
Kaili loved hanging out with the girls even though they were all older than her and they tolerated her well.
Averi woke up in time to enjoy the chickens.
After the farm we all headed to Gypsy Joe’s Ice Cream Parlor for dessert. It was delicious!

2 comments:

Sara Emily said...

That trip to slate run was great!!

The Giaimo's said...

We did have a lot of fun!! We will have to find another place to go and play before summer is over.