Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Massanutten, VA

On July 10 we set out for a Davis family vacation that was obviously planned before Averi was born. Had we thought it through a little bit more, we might not have gone, but we did go and there were even a few moments when we relaxed and had fun. After packing up our mobile NICU, we drove 7 hours through the mountains to get to Massanutten, Virginia. We had a lot of fun with my family and even got to see some of my grandparents as well. The adventuresome week had to end early when we finally gave up on all of Averi’s little problems and headed home at 8:00 Thursday night, getting home at 3:00am, so that we could go see her surgeon. We are so glad we were able to go and do not plan on going on vacation again any time soon. :)
Saturday we went to the pool and then played some frisbee golf.Averi chillen at the pool. Tell me she’s not cute in her little sunhat.When we got tired of the car seat, she cuddled with Nama.Frisbee golf was a lot of fun, although throwing a frisbee with a baby and a monitor tied to your front takes some maneuvering. The weather was perfect and we even saw a baby deer nursing from its mother (it looked rather painful).We had lots of run-ins with nature, including a turtle on the frisbee course. Kaili was a little hesitant at first, but she warmed up to it. She even poses and says cheese at the end so Dan can take a picture.

On Sunday we went for a walk and Kaili ran over to me saying, “There’s a snake eating a fish!” I thought I heard her wrong and walked over to see what Dan was doing. Sure enough he was down in the river picking up rocks so he could get a decent shot of this snake. He claimed it was safe because the snake’s mouth was already full.There was a huge Jacuzzi tub in the room and Courtney was nice enough to play in it with Kaili. They had a blast making bubbles with the jets.Monday got crazy when Averi’s G-tube came out, but we fixed it and Dan and I were still able to make it on a canoe trip with my dad, Kenny, Cherish, and Courtney. It was very relaxing. Thanks mom for watching the kids!Daddy’s girlsA vacation isn’t complete without putt-putt. Kaili had fun until she scraped the bottom of her foot. She hobbled around with her leg straight and toes raised for several days.Sisterly cuddles!Wednesday was spent at the indoor water park! It was a blast! Dan and Kenny even did the Flowrider a couple times. Dan’s first effort was priceless! I can't watch this video enough!

After a few tries, as Courtney pointed out, he just started showing off. :)

After the magic show on Thursday, we finally decided to head home.We’ll just say it was an adventure and leave it at that!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like you had a great time, loved hearing all about it. It was fun to see Dan on the flowrider...those are so much fun!

Sara Emily said...

All I can say is YOU ARE NUTS!! But I'm glad you had a good time! You just amaze me tiffany... I don't know HOW you do all you DO!

Vanessa said...

That Kaili is so cute! Dan, I can always count on you to make me laugh one minute and then impress me the next. Awesome boogie boarding... or was that just lucky??? ;)

Lauren in GA said...

Tiffany I love your family so much. It was so great to see your Mom and Dad and WHOA!!! I can't believe that Courtney is so grown up!!!!!!!!!

I stress out so much taking John out with his oxygen and monitor (sometimes it alarms that he isn't breathing)...great job going on your trip...you are truly my hero ☺.

I loved hearing Kaili's sweet little voice.