Friday, May 21, 2010

Outings

Back in March, the girls and I were at the hospital for who knows what appointment and I left Kaili at the Club House. When I picked her up, the lady explained that they had several free tickets to the Columbus Blue Jackets hockey game the next day and asked if I wanted any. Long story short, I got 9 free $75 tickets and the Christensens went with us.

I was super excited because I had never been to live hockey game before, much less a professional one. Averi’s opinion might have been a little different.

Dan had to leave during the last period to go to his final soccer game and the Christensens left early as well because their kids were getting restless but their oldest son Brayden (10) stayed with the girls and me until the very end. We had an amazing come from behind and won the game. Although there were no big fights, it was still very fun and I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled for more tickets.
(Being the smart person that I am, I didn’t take the camera and it has taken me this long to get the pictures off my phone.)

I also recently (April 23-24) attended Time Out for Women with three really good friends. We left the kids at home, drove to Pittsburg, stayed up late talking, and got to hear some really great talks about Infinite Hope. John Bytheway was one of the speakers and the musical guests were wonderful.
The highlight for me was when one of the speakers came up to me and announced how glad she was that I was there. She then went on to explain that they don’t see many youth at these functions. That’s when it came out that I was 25 and not 12 like she had originally assumed. Maybe I don’t need to be so depressed about being 25, I’ve still got it.
We also stopped at IKEA on the drive home. I had never been and it was exactly how I picture heaven will be. Everything was organized, labeled, functional, and beautiful. I will definitely be making future trips back.
Thank you Dan for watching the girls so I could have a girls’ weekend of my own!

No comments: