Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Coco Key

Yesterday we spent the afternoon at a nearby indoor water park. I was afraid it might not be warm enough, but we ended up having a lot of fun.

Tina and I stayed at the hotel attached to the water park and the back door of our room opened up to an enclosed botanical garden. It was surprisingly beautiful!

A whole family of ducks came up to us looking for food. Kaili enjoyed trying to catch the babies while the mother chased after her.

This was Averi’s first time in a swimsuit and she actually enjoyed it.

Snuggles with Tina.

Dan watched the girls while Tina and I rode the water slides.

We tried putting lifejackets on the girls but Averi couldn’t move and Kaili kept getting major wedgies.

Chillin’ in the lazy river.

It took forever for me to convince Kaili to ride down this slide with me holding her so she could go really slow. She did it once and then the next thing I knew she was getting in line to do the big open tube slide. She rode it several times while I stood at the bottom to grab her because she was too short for the pool at the bottom.

Averi kept trying to grab the water drips.

Of course, our favorite spot ended up being the family hot tub that felt like a giant warm bath. It was a blast and we will definitely be going back soon (especially since there are $6 days in May).

No comments: