Saturday, May 1, 2010

FREEDOM!!!

I hate starting half my posts with “I have a lot of catching up to do…” or “Sorry I haven’t written in a while…” or “I’ve been really busy lately…” so I promise to no longer bore you with my lame excuses and you, my faithful readers, can take what you get when you get it! That feels much better.

For the last year…
This has been my countertop:


This has been my nightstand:


This has been my refrigerator:


This has been my freezer:


And this has been me (with less makeup and more clothing):


For the last 9 months, this has been my diet:


And for the last 8 months, this has been my diet as well:

There was a stretch of 2 months when my diet consisted of no dairy, soy, eggs, wheat, nuts, or shellfish.

Foods I missed the most: cookies, ice cream, cheese, chocolate milk, french fries, and anything fast food.
Foods I will keep around: homemade bread, peach rings, fresh garlic, and guacamole.
Foods I will never eat again: Rice milk!

In the last year I have pumped over 2,440 times, donated over 20 gallons of specialty breastmilk, and produced who knows how much milk.

Today, we celebrate!!! Whit’s frozen custard here I come! (I think Averi is a little jealous)



It was such a big to do, my dad even drove up for the weekend to celebrate and take us out for Greek (mmmm…feta cheese). I’m sure the fact that it was Averi’s birthday had nothing to do with him being here. =P He also spoiled us by spicing up our flower beds. I love you Dad! Thanks for making this momentous occasion so special!

4 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I am so happy for you!!!! You have been deprived...but no more!!!!

You look so fantastic. I LOVE that picture of you enjoying your frozen custard. You are very beautiful.

I really, really admire all of the sacrifices you have made. and you have accomplished so much, my dear. You are amazing.

Brian and Whitney said...

CONGRATS!!! That is soooo Exciting!

Vanessa said...

All too familiar. I don't think I can last as long a you have... you are my inspiration to try, Tiff.

Brandy said...

I had fun reading and catching up on your blog...even though you live like 2 miles away :) Fun pics, especially love the Pamela Anderson one, LOL.