Sunday, May 23, 2010

Garden - Phase 2

Our lettuce and spinach has done awesome and is now ready to be made into a salad. Yesterday we started phase 2 now that the frost is gone. We added cucumber, squash, and zucchini.

We also planted some garlic and green onion. The last things we need to add are carrots, marigolds, asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower.

I even started an herb garden in a pot on the front porch. It consists of basil, cilantro, and oregano.

Now I just need to find a spot in my yard for the sweet potato plants I bought. :)

5 comments:

Donnie and Laura said...

I'm so jealous!! My stuff is growing (in my pots on my balcony) but it doesn't look nearly as good as yours!! The only time it's cool enough to grow lettuce here is in the dead of winter- hah!

Vicki said...

I just got my lettuce planted...I hope it does as well for me as yours is doing.

jackandjaime said...

How do you like your raised beds so far?

Stephanie said...

Your garden looks so pretty!! :)

Brandy said...

Looks great! We've starting eating our lettuce from the garden too! The boys LOVE picking it for me :)