Dan got a better video of her dancing the other day but it was too long. He was really proud of this picture because she was dancing when he took it.
Candy aftermath. I love how guilty she looks.
This weekend Dan took Kaili outside to play in the snow. They decided to make a snow princess, which I thought turned out pretty cute.
She thought the carseat should be for anyone so she climbed in, zipped it up, and then asked me to carry her around.
Quiet time has become quite entertaining lately. I find her asleep in the weirdest positions but she always moves before I can get the camera. The other day, however, I was fast enough to get this blurry shot. Yes, she is inside her pillowcase fast asleep.
Earlier this week I put her down and then heard someone talking a few minutes later. It took me a minute to realize it was Kaili and not someone outside. She was reading Go, Dog, Go to herself (from memory) using two different voices for a boy and girl dog. She got quieter once I got upstairs with the camera, but if you turn the volume up you can still hear her. (Only listen to the first 10 seconds, the rest is boring.)
Translation:
Boy: hello, Girl: do you like my hat? Boy: no, I do not, Girl: good-bye, Boy: good-bye
After a not so quiet, quiet time, I asked her what she had been doing. This was her response: “I was pretending that Ursula was here, and then the Lamanite army came and killed her, and then they threw her in the lion’s den and the lions ate her, and then she was gone forever.”
Kaili also really enjoys praying. I love how innocent her prayers are, and also how hilarious they are. Here’s a sample for you:
•And thank you we could take our clothes off (long pause) and put our jammas on
•Thank you for King Tritan, Queen Athena, the mean man, mister whale, Melody, Flounder, Ariel… (she likes to rename us and these had been our names for the day so she was really thankful for her family)
•Thank you for the night and day, night and day, night and day…(later in the prayer) and thank you for the night and day, night and day, night and day again
•And thank you Mama could pump, and thank you Averi could drink milk from Mama’s boobies
•(with accompanying motions) Thank you I could stick my bottom out and in, out and in
•Of course she also always has to say, Thank you for the missionaries and thank you for Brent on his mission
Kaili is a wonderful big sister. You can tell she really Loves it! I am continually amazed by how helpful she is in taking care of Averi. I often find Averi holding toys or laying under a blanket that Kaili gave her. She plays with Averi, sings to her, talks to her. I love watching them interact and I know they are going to have a special bond as they get older.
8 comments:
You can eat soy now?! Yipee!! I loved this post, and not only because you can eat soy, but because of all the cute pics of Kaili dancing and sleeping in the pillowcase, that's awesome! I love her little prayers, too. So cute that she can move her bum back and forth! Good thing because she loves to dance!! :)
Ok, my favortie part of primary is watching and listening to Kaili and her comments! It makes my day.
Oh my goodness. I love the prayers!! Ya for Uncles on missions!! :)
For the record, I can't eat soy...that is one of Kaili's new favorite things to tell me. Rub it in little one, rub it in!
Mike and I can NOT stop laughing! I wish you were still around so I could hang out with Kaili in primary. Mike especially loves that the Lamanite army can in and threw her to the lions. She's such a riot!
Oh, sorry that, you aren't the one that can eat soy...
This made me laugh so hard. Her prayers were so cute and funny that they put me over the edge.
I have fond memories of Adam reading Go Dog, Go! He loved that book.
She is truly hilarious and beautiful. The car seat picture is funny.
I really love that dress-up dress. Please don't tell me you made it. I wouldn't be surprised but I would expect one for me to wear. By the way i think I already commented on this but I don't remember???
I forgot to say that I am totally impressed with that picture that Dan got of her dancing, too!
Post a Comment