Sunday, February 14, 2010

Balentines

My mom sent Kaili a box with all the fixins to make valentines so we spent the afternoon making them on Friday. Kaili had a blast! She made them all by herself and they turned out really cute. She even wrote all the names on them while I told her what letters to write. My favorite part was when she rubbed the glitter around with just one finger and said, “I like using my finger in the guh-litter guh-lue.” It was fun watching her get all excited making them and handing them out to all her friends this weekend.

She lined them all up to work on them. I think she got a little bit of my OCD. Note – her outfit in no way means that we are Ohio State fans or that we condone cheerleading. It was a gift from our very funny OSU fan neighbors and Kaili loves to play dress up in it and walk around the house yelling “Defense.”

4 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Whoa! She did a great job! I liked reading about the, "guh-litter guh-lue." I love the way kids say things. I am sure she says, "Balentines", too, huh? So cute.

Sara Emily said...

she did do great!! Joey LOVED his valentine from her!! He wanted to put it on the fridge so he could always see it - he he! Kaili is such a sweet girl!

Donnie and Laura said...

Haha! Look how focused she is!! When I was little we had a shoebox filled with glitter and we could put glue on anything then shake it in the glitter box-- Guh-litter is SO much funnn!!!

Glenn and Melanie said...

I'm glad she liked the Balentine kit and I love the one she sent to me in the mail. I love how she has them all line up - is that your OCD or hers???