Saturday, February 13, 2010

Christmas Pictures...I Know, I Know

I meant to post these pictures after Christmas but forgot, you know because they are just sitting on my mantle where I never see them. Just before Thanksgiving, my mom offered to get Christmas pictures taken of the girls while we were there visiting. It turned out to be quite the experience.

Averi was sick with what would later become croup, had snot running out of her nose and eyes, and was NOT happy. We went into the studio to take the picture and any time I put her down she would scream bloody murder. After a while we decided to put her to sleep and just take the picture while she was sleeping. Again when I put her down she woke up and screamed.

I kid you not, we went into that studio 4 times, calming her down each time, in the hopes that we could get a decent shot. It was so frustrating because she is such a happy baby. I finally suggested that we not put her in the hard wicker chair (it did not look very comfy). The photographers obliged and just laid a blanket on the trunk. She looks like she has a board up her back in the picture, but at least she’s not crying right?

Kaili was great the whole time and just sat there smiling. She is such a good big sister and patient with both me and Averi (which is great because by the fourth try I was pretty close to screaming myself). We ended up getting a picture of just Kaili during this whole charade just incase it didn’t work out with Averi.

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

The pictures turned out very cute. I am sorry that little Averi felt so miserable, though.

I have to supress screaming sometimes, too...☺

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, and don't worry...I still haven't posted my Halloween pictures.