Friday, April 17, 2009

It's Raining...Baby Showers That Is

On Saturday, Sara and Tonya threw a baby shower for me. It was so much fun, and the food was delicious! Everyone gave me diapers and wipes, and a few other extra gifts, for Yoki. I’m so grateful for so many friends to share fun times with! Thank you!!!

The games were hysterical! We played a memory game where each match had a coinciding candy bar. My favorite was a Skor bar for matching conception. We also smelled diapers with melted chocolate in them and tried to guess which candy was inside. I’ve never seen grown women look so ridiculous! I promise to post pictures when I get them.

I absolutely loved my cake. It was a replica of my belly. They even cut it so that I could take the top half home for Dan. :)


The huge pink one in the middle is me.

Kaili got a few “Big Sister” presents, which she loved! One present in particular was a tub of pink lip gloss. Needless to say, she got a little overexcited applying it when I wasn’t looking. She went to look at it in the mirror, tried to clean it off, and then came to Dan and I with tears in her eyes telling us she had too much. It was all over her arms and clothes by then and Dan could barely take the picture because she was so upset about it.

On Thursday, Dan’s coworkers threw another diaper shower for us. It was so sweet of them, considering the fact that I had never met most of them. Kaili enjoyed being the center of attention (that will soon change) and we are now officially set for taking care of our baby’s bum!

6 comments:

Vicki said...

the pictures and stories are great. Good luck with more baking time and I hope all goes well. Kaili looks adorable with pink lip gloss on.

Lauren in GA said...

I love the pink lip gloss...I am glad he got the picture even though she was upset.

I laughed that they gave you the top half of the cake for Dan. I am sure he was very happy ☺.

Mike and Wendy said...

Love the cake! Though probably not as much as Dan did. :)
BTW, I love the maternity pics. You guys did a great job!

Jaime said...

baby showers are the best! any excuse for buying cute baby stuff...are those jelly beans in the vase? I'm stealing the idea...

Celeste Ferguson said...

How much fun!! I wish we lived closer...then our babies could be buddies!! Good luck with everything...I know it's getting closer!!

Donnie and Laura said...

Love the cake!! Poor Kaili! She is still cute as ever even with tons of pink lip gloss all over her :)