Please welcome Averi Michelle Fisher to the world. She was born May 1, 2009 at 8:05 am, at a whopping 5 lbs 6 oz and measuring 17 inches long (at least she was bigger than her sister was at 4 lbs 9 oz). My water broke at 4:00 in the morning and we were off to the hospital for a cesarean. The surgery went well but Averi was having trouble breathing so she was taken up to the NICU. She was put on C-PAP (forced oxygen) the first day, and has since been on and off, and is currently on, regular oxygen.
Several other problems have popped up as well. Her blood work is a little off and she has a pretty low platelet count. She is jaundice and has therefore been in and out of the bililights. There are two holes in her heart, one between her ventricles and one on an exterior vessel. These should resolve on their own in the next year or two, but will be monitored closely.
Averi has also been diagnosed with Down Syndrome, and we are learning that a lot of her problems are associated with that. On Friday, at one week old, she was transferred to Nationwide Children’s NICU because she was having trouble swallowing. They think she may have an opening between her trachea and her esophagus, causing her to breathe her milk in when she tries to swallow. Two tests will be done this week to find out if that is the case. In the mean time, she is still on a feeding tube.
Averi is gorgeous and we couldn’t be more thrilled for her to be here. We are so excited to have such a beautiful spirit become a part of our family.
Averi's first cuddle with her mom. I love this picture!
Gotta love that naked baby bum. :)
C-PAP - our little elephant.
Kaili visiting her new baby sister in the isolette.

The proud new dad.
Sunbathing in the bilights.

Visits from the big sister.
Kisses!
Does she look a little yellow?
Kaili colored a picture to hang on Averi's bed. She loves going to the hospital everyday to visit "Baby Averi." (Yes, we have made the transition from Yoki.)

25 comments:
I know I told you on the phone, but I just love her, and you of course! I want to hold her and hug her and cuddle her and squeeze her! I love you guys and miss you so so much!!
Congratulations Tiffany and Dan! She is beautiful.
Oh my goodness! She is adorable. I know things must be scary with all the health issues, but Ryan and I will continue to keep little Avery in our prayers. We love you guys!
Congrats you guys! She's beautiful.
When you get a chance, email me your mailing address. There's a book I'd like to send you that I think you'd enjoy (in all your spare time!).
(huffalupagus@aol.com)
Oh she is so beautiful!! Congratulations!
Congratulations, Tiffany! I know the health problems can be a trial, but I know no one will handle it all better than you! Averi is so beautiful! Let me know if you need ANYTHING - and I will be there for you!!!
We consider it a privelege to pray for your beautiful baby girl as a family. I love the name Averi!
It is amazing how their little hearts can heal. We will pray that everything will go smoothly.
I love that picture of you holding your sweet baby girl. It totally made me cry it is so beautiful of you both.
It is so fun to see your Mom and Dad in the pics.
The cuddle picture is so precious, she has the most beautiful little face! Congratulations on the new addition :)
It took me a minute to realize Averi was Yoki!!
Congratulations Tiff she is adorable! I know you guys will handle her health problems beautifully she is a gorgeous little girl and Kaili is so cute with her!
She is so beautiful! Congratulations! We'll keep her in our prayers.
Love the pictures you posted...I really loved the one of the first time you two saw each other. I showed it to Kevin off of your mom's blog last night and he loved it too. I'll see you guys in an hour! I can't wait to hold her!! I can't believe it's been over a week since I've seen her!
She is so beautiful! What a little cutie.
Oh how lucky to have such a wonderful addition to your family. Many congrats and we will pray you can take Averi home soon to join Kaili. We're thinking about you guys.
So glad to hear that things are going okay! She is just so stinkin' cute!!!! :o) I'm not sure you know this but Gene's sister has Down Syndrome...she is the most amazing person ever! Sweet, sweet spirit...I'm so happy for you guys!
She is so beautiful! So glad you shared all the pictures. Hope you get to bring her home soon and glad Kaili is getting used to the name change! Love you!!
Averi is beautiful! The pictures of each of you with her made me emotional -- so much love!! We're thinking about your sweet family and hoping you can take her home soon.
What a cutie...can't wait to visit the other side of town and baby Averi!
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! She is gorgeous! I am SOO happy for you guys!! I'm so glad you carried for so long - that is awesome!!! Tyson and I are wondering, how far along were you when you delivered Kaili? We've got a bet going... ;) Wasn't it around 26-28weeks?? I hope you are doing and feeling well!!! And I LOVE the prego pictures... so adorable!! :) We sure miss you guys!! SO - we graduated! And we moved to Mesa, AZ. two weeks ago!!! Can you believe it?!! It's so crazy!!
Averi is beautiful, many congrats to you & your family! I hope you are feeling great and I wish the same for little Averi. Please keep us posted on how she's doing and know that you are all in our prayers. Lots of love!
holy cow where have I been? She is BEAUTIFUL. I hope all her problems clear up soon. I wish I was there to see her. Congrats and I love her name
Congrats! She is a cutie! I love the name Averi Michelle...much better than Yoki :-) ! I love the picture of you holding her. You can tell she loves her Momma!!
Congrats, congrats! What a fantastic birth weight - much better than under five. She is so precious. I'm sorry to hear of all the health struggles, I know they must be stressful. We're so happy for your new little addition. I know it's been work getting her here! Adorable name by the way - Matt's niece has the same name, but your spelling makes it seem so much cuter.
They are sweet little miracles, aren't they!?! I wish we were closer to you guys so I could help out with Kaili or bring ya guys dinner, or something! Congrats again!!! :)
I don't know if you remember meeting me or not, but I'm Regina Brown's oldest daughter. I saw your blog through Stephanie's and I just wanted to congratulate you on your beautiful baby. Averi is a cutie for sure! I pray that she's able to come out of the NICU and into your home soon. :-)
I just happened to see the link to your blog from Sara's page and had to come see pictures. She is gorgeous! I hope she will be home soon.
Post a Comment