Thursday, April 22, 2010

Beach Trip

The girls and I had a wonderful Easter break (and Dan did too thanks to our friends here in Ohio).


We started our trip to the beach off by stopping to see my cousin Brian and his wife Whitney. I haven’t seen Brian since before I had Kaili and I’ve never even met Whitney, so I was super excited (plus I got to see their amazing house they just bought…did I mention how jealous I am?) It was so good to see them and they even made a Tiffany friendly dinner that required going back for seconds.

Kaili loved dressing Ellie up.

The weather at the beach was perfect, although it got a little windy the last few days.

The water was ice cold, but that didn’t stop Kaili from wearing her swimsuit the whole time we were there and insisting on putting her feet in the water while holding my hand when we went for walks on the beach.

After every walk, Kaili made a pit stop in the hot tub to warm up.

We cleaned, watched our church’s General Conference broadcast, celebrated Easter and my birthday, and spent time as a family. All of my siblings were there, except Brent who comes home from his mission in June. Seth was the only one there with a tan since he just spent a month in Mexico with my grandparents.

I couldn’t get enough pictures of Averi and Allie (Kenny and Cherish’s baby).

On the way home I was able to stop and see Shantel, Dan’s baby sister, and her new baby, Nathan.

Although I never really get a true vacation, it was nice being able to see everyone.

4 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I am loving that little straw hat on Averi. That's cute that Kaili wore her bathing suit the whole time. I am sure your toes got wet because you were holding her hand while she dipped hers. You are a nice mom. :)

Jaime said...

That is so funny because we were totally down there at the same time. Had there been church, we would have seen you! How great was the weather that weekend? It's funny too because we were laughing that we should go sneak in "the Davis' hot tub" one night. How funny would that run in have been :)!!!

Tina said...

i kept thinking that some of those pictures looked familiar until I turned on some smarts and remembered I stayed at your parents house. BTW CAN'T wait to come visit!

Glenn and Melanie said...

We had such a great time - I love being with the family - and the weather was great. I have the cutest grandaughters in the world!