Sunday, November 29, 2009

Build-A-Bunny

When Dan’s coworkers threw a diaper shower for us, back in April, one of them was generous enough to give Kaili a big sister present in the form of a $25 gift card to Build-a-Bear. For reasons unknown, we haven’t ever gotten over to the store to use it, so we decided to go while Dan’s parents were here. I have never been in a Build-a-Bear Workshop before but it was way cool!

Kaili got to pick out an empty stuffed animal (it took a while to convince her that she didn’t want the creepy looking unicorn), push a foot pedal to stuff it, and teach it’s heart a few things and put it inside.

After sewing it up, she got to give her bunny a ‘bath’ by pushing a pedal to make air shoot out a faucet while she brushed it. She thought it was so cool she gave that bunny like 5 baths.

She then got to pick out an outfit and of course had to get a crown to go with it. The hardest part of the night was deciding on a name for the birth certificate. Since it had a crown she wanted it to be a princess. So when Dan said, “You want to call her Princess what?” Kaili paused, looked around, glanced at the ceiling, and said, “Princess Lite.” She loves her bunny, and even sleeps with it at night dressed in one of her t-shirts and a diaper (which is a smaller version of her pull-ups).

4 comments:

Katie Leigh said...

Oh, this kid is such a crack-up! I wish you were still around so I'd get to hear the things she says more often.

Lauren in GA said...

Kaili is so funny. I like Princess Lite. I am glad she looked up...she could have named her Princess Floor Tile, or something.

That is an adorable picture of her. She looks so happy.☺

Tina said...

Pull-up? I thought she was in panties? Please, tell me she's not the perfect kid and still has accidents. I wish you guys so much!

Dan said...

Nice try Tina...she is in panties. She just wears pull-ups at night for the occational sleeping accident. :)