Monday, December 8, 2008

Our First Real Snow

Saturday morning we woke up to the beautiful sight of snow falling outside. It snowed all day! There is no better way of getting in the Christmas spirit than to listen to Christmas music, cuddle up in front of the fire, and watch snow covering the ground in a white blanket. Dan said it wasn’t worth going outside until we couldn’t see the grass anymore.
At 8:00 at night, he declared that there was finally enough snow on the ground to go play in (almost 2 ½ inches). So, being the excited non-Ohioans that we are, we took Kaili out for her first real snow experience. She loved it! She kept yelling, “Mom, look at all the snow!” She and Dan enjoyed walking through the yard and singing silly songs. Dan was upset that we didn’t have the supplies for making a snowman. I guess that will have to wait until next time. We can’t wait for more snow to come!
It was kind of dark, but I managed to get a few pictures. :)

While Dan wore khakis and clogs, and I wore jeans and no gloves, at least Kaili was all bundled up. Nothing compares to the immovable look of little kids in their snowsuits. Whenever she fell down, it took her twenty minutes, and lots of funny poses, to get back up.


Being very excited for the weather here, we are not quite prepared. Since we had no snow shovel, Dan decided to sweep the snow off the driveway with a push broom. Not so effective.


Kaili couldn’t decide if she liked the sled or not. The first time Dan started pulling her, she slid right off onto her bum. After a while, she worked up enough courage to go for a ride down the street.
(Dan brought it to my attention that the captions should be under the pictures to make things less confusing. What do you think?)

5 comments:

Donnie and Laura said...

haha I love her little outfit!

Brandy said...

Cute! We didn't play in the snow...we're lame, lol. Aaron kept wanting to go outside and eat snow. I set a bowl out to collect some, then it stopped snowing. Next time! See you guys tomorrow!

Vanessa said...

She almost looks like the little kid from Christmas Story! What's so funny is that you spend more time getting them ready to go outside and play than they do actually playing outside... cause it's so cold! I can't wait to see pictures of Kaili's first snowman!

Jaime said...

I didn't know you were blogging--I'm glad you commented so I can check and see what you guys are up to...the bun in the oven was fantastic!! and I go back and forth about the captions--so I say go with your gut!

Lauren in GA said...

Yay, for you! I am totally jealous!!
She looks so cute in her snowsuit!