Why is it that two days after Averi comes home from the hospital with basically no immune system that Kaili wakes up in the middle of the night puking? Oh, and did I mention that I have family in town and both girls are sleeping in our room breathing each other's air all night?
So it happened Wednesday and Thursday, both in the middle of the night, and then it stopped. Yesterday, we woke up, ate a big breakfast of Fruity Pebbles, and then I stripped down to get in the shower. About that time, Kaili ran into the bathroom covered in a rainbow if colors.
As I put my clothes back on, it occurred to me that she had been in her room, not in the kitchen on the easy to clean hard wood floors. This led to me cleaning puke out of the carpet, Kaili taking turns between running around giggling and puking in the toilet, and me yelling down to Dan to come help me while he yells back that he is changing a poopy diaper and can't come. It was a great start to my Sabbath morning.
Needless to say, I took Kaili to the pediatrician today to find out that she has a 2 week puke/diarrhea bug that is extremely contagious. He gave her some zofran (now we have some for both girls) and ordered me to keep her away from Averi, which we are already doing of course.
Luckily, Kaili has been an awesome sport about the whole thing and wears her mask all day and puts on sanitizer whenever I ask her to. Hopefully, with a few prayers, Kaili will stop puking with help from the meds and won't share her germs with anyone else (including her niece who keeps trying to crawl into bed with her when she's watching movies).
Monday, January 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Tell Kaili I puked Fruity Pebbles once, only I was about 14 when I did it.
Don't tell her that Fruity Pebbles are now a big joke with my family and every time someone sees a box at the grocery store they make fun of me.
At least the colors make it festive!
So somehow Kaili got Kaelin sick. She seems to have gotten something similar. Thanks a lot! She does look real cute in her mask though
Ohhhhh...covered in a rainbow of colors, huh? Poor Kaili.
What a good girl wearing her mask and using sanitizer without complaint.
Post a Comment