Kaili went to the Fair today on her first field trip and I got to tag along. She was so excited and has been talking about going for weeks. I have to admit I was excited too, mostly because it was an excuse for me to get out of the hospital while spending time with Kaili.
The school bus didn't get scheduled in time so all the kids and car seats got strapped into the van and the parents caravaned behind. Kaili got to sit next to Logen, her best friend that lives next door to us.
The fair had several large barns, each filled with one type of animal. First we went to see the bunnies chickens and turkeys, and the kids got to pet a baby chick.
For some reason they really like the goats and kept trying to pet them through the fences. We also saw pigs and sheep.
We got the enlightening experience of seeing a cow being milked by a machine. It brought back memories for me. :)
The horse stalls were too tall so Kaili used the foot holes in the side to peek in on them. When I asked her what she saw she kept saying, "big feet."
We didn't get to stay as long as I would have liked, but it was a lot of fun and I'm so glad we got to go. If Averi wasn't in the hospital I would take the whole family back tonight. I mean, who doesn't like looking at farm animals, even if they did grow up in the country?
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I like the horse feet peep hole!
Those were great milking memories. :)
I am glad you got to go out with Kaili, too. Love ya.
I remember our preschool trips to the pumpkin patch (with animals) Wonderful memories.
So glad you were able to get out and about with Kaili.
What a fun time! Looks like you both enjoyed it!
Post a Comment