I went to write up this post and realized that I haven't ever mention on our family blog what is turning our lives upside down right now. I know everybody already knows but Averi in the hospital right now getting ready to start chemotherapy for a type of blood cancer known as Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS). This, of course, was the reason for Kaili's fasting.
Anyways, we have been spending the evenings as a family hanging out in Averi's room. Yesterday Kaili was given a sibling present that even I am a little jealous of...a big bag full of lipstick, eyeshadow, polish, and more. What little girl doesn't want one of those?
I told her that she had to keep it here so that it could be something for her to look forward to when she comes to visit Averi. The minute she got here today she wanted to use it. She had so much fun! Let's just say that parents do silly things for the kids they love.
She painted Dan's toes and fingers, my fingers, Grandma's fingers, and the nurse's fingers. She did awesome for it being her first time to paint nails. She even gave me an accidental french manicure because she decided not to paint the tips of my nails.
Then she put some bright blue eye shadow on herself and me. I was only slightly embarrassed when I had a whole conversation with one of the supervisors before remembering that I looked like a hooker.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I burst out laughing when I read how you looked like a hooker. You are so funny, Tiffany.
Dan looks very pretty.
Well, Hooker, the truth had to come out at some time, right?
I'm so sorry to hear that Tiffany. You and your family are so strong!! I'll be praying for you.
oh my goodness im so sorry to hear about averi. Our prayers are with you and your sweet little baby.
Post a Comment