Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why didn’t you go in the potty?

Last night Dan and I heard Kaili go into the bathroom about 2 hours after tucking her in bed. Dan went up to check on her and found her standing in front of the toilet with her pants around her ankles. It took him a minute to realize that he could still hear her peeing and then noticed a large puddle on the floor.

When he asked her why she hadn’t gone in the potty, she simply reached over, grabbed some toilet paper, and wiped herself, completely ignoring the fact that her whole lower half was soaked.

Dan tried cleaning her up with wipes and finally gave up and put her in the tub. Completely oblivious to what was going on, I immediately ran upstairs thinking that Kaili had thrown up on herself. I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw a half sleeping Kaili shivering in the tub being washed by Dan as he hovered over a puddle of urine.

At least she made it to the bathroom.

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Maybe she was sleepwalking! Sleepwalkers do things like that. Dan knows exactly what I'm talking about. ;) Just keep her away from the shoes. :D

The Chuck Smith Family said...

Abby has major sleepwalking issues. She looks totally alert but is out! Hopefully this is a one time thing for Kaili, otherwise, I wish you luck!

Lauren in GA said...

Isn't life so glamorous. ☺

Tina said...

Hey! I'm coming to SEE YOU!!!!! I know you know but I'm still so excited!

Vicki said...

Ahhh, sleepwalking... Dh has a brother that peed in the fridge. Just imagine all the stories you'll get to tattle, um, I mean share with others when Kaili is older.

Stephanie said...

That's hilarious!!

Kendall, Starla, Conner, Aleck, and Jared said...

Haha! That is the funniest thing I have heard in days! Dan is a good man not to call you to take care of the mess.