Monday, March 8, 2010

American as Apple Pie

I have been wanting a hand crank apple peeler for some time now. Last week Brandy’s husband didn’t just find one, he got one for me for $10.

I was so excited I went straight to the store to buy apples. A few days later I actually got around to using it and made my first apple pie. It was super yummy and I’m super proud…super!

Kaili loved the slinky apples after they came off the peeler and ate almost a whole apple. She keeps asking when we can use it again. Fun and nutritious – does it get any better than that?

8 comments:

Lindsey Roberts said...

I keep trying to steal Jill's Pampered Chef one, but hey, if I could get one for $10 I'd do without the name! (I'm jealous by the way.)

Stephanie said...

That's a great idea to make apple pie with the slinky apples! I'm excited about ours too, Derrick is awesome! (So is Brandy... :)
We like to make curly fries with ours, too, but I am definitely going to do a slinky pie this week!

Brandy said...

I still can't believe that was your first attempt at a pie, it was awesome!

I love the girls in their little knitted accessories!I saw Kaili's scarf on Fri. but didn't know you made it! You made Averi's hat too? I wish I knew how to knit. I want one of those kits too!

Jaime said...

my question is where do you store that thing?

Brian and Whitney said...

I am with you i think we need one of those peelers too! I can just see Brian playing with it for fun and then not wanting the apple! The pie looks delish!!

Lauren in GA said...

That is awesome...only 10 dollars and your girlie loves to eat healthy!!!!!! Win, win!!

Tina said...

My sister Brandi, just bought that exact one. What a small world, not small enough or we'd be in the same staete :)

Tanner said...

Wow, way to go Tiffany! That looks SO yummy! If only I had your motivation -- the things I could do!!! :)