Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sleep, What's That?

After waking up at least once every night for the last 10 months, I finally slept through the night last night. It took a lot of preparation, including finding a way to turn off the buzzer on Averi’s feed that ends at 5 am, pumping a little bit later than usual before I went to bed, and buying name brand diapers that will hopefully be able to hold a whole night’s worth of pee from a baby that pees more than usual at night because she is constantly being fed.

It was a spectacular 8 hours! One pumping down, six more to go! Don’t worry, I will not post every time I wean a pumping, this was just a really exciting one because it doubled my hours of consecutive sleep. The down fall? Now I have no excuses for napping instead of being productive.

3 comments:

Kendall, Starla, Conner, Aleck, and Jared said...

Try Huggies Overnites diapers. Seriously! They are the only thing keeping me from having to change two beds every morning......I swear my kids hold it all day so they can try to soak the bed at night!

Lauren in GA said...

Uh, you still have every excuse to nap...

CONGRATULATIONS!! on the 8 hours!! Lady, you are amazing...you are so cheerful, even when sleep deprived.

Josh n Betsie said...

I still nap. Being a mom and doing the house work is hard work.