Monday, February 16, 2009

Our Truck

Let me give you a brief history of our 1993 Toyota Truck:

May 2004 – buy truck for $1,000
January 2008 –head gasket blows
February 2008 – replace engine for $3,340
January 2009 – replace transmission for $1,390
January 2009 – 4 new tires and alignment for $500
January 2009 – discover a crack in the new engine, call engine company about warranty and learn that company is bankrupt and warranty is no longer good
February 2009 – catalytic converter cut off the bottom of truck in the middle of the day while Dan is at work (Apparently the metal used in catalytic converters is pretty valuable and easy to get to on Toyotas. Lucky us!)
February 2009 – worthless hunk of metal driven off cliff, aka permanently parked in our garage

I’d say it was a good investment, wouldn’t you?

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Sounds like just a bunch of bad luck.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Driven off a cliff Aka in our garage..Sounds like insurance fraud. Doesn't sound like the Dan I know, but whatever works. just teasing. Sorry about the bad luck guys.

Tina said...

I'm sure Rob will push it into a gas station and blow the whole thing up for you. ;)

Lauren in GA said...

We have had similar luck with vehicles. *grrrrrrr*

Katie Leigh said...

In class yesterday, we learned all about the metals used in catalytic converters and how expensive they can be. The teacher made a bad joke about stealing them for the metal, and I was the only one who laughed. The whole class looked at me like I was a weirdo. Thanks.