The end of January was covered with snow, so when it finally got warm enough to go outside without freezing to death we decided to try out our new snowman kit my parents gave us for Christmas. (I know this is a little late, but nothing, not even a blog, can come between a pregnant woman and her naps.)
Kaili helping Dad shovel the snow with her little gardening shovel.

The snow here is beautiful because it is so dry and powdery. I love it, or at least I did until we tried to make a snowman. No moisture equals no snowballs. This was the biggest snowman I could muster. We weren’t exactly able to use our snowman kit on it. (Note the matching hats I made for Kaili and me – you’re jealous, I know)

Dan, the creative one in the family, finally decided to get a lawn chair and fill it with snow to make a snowman. It worked. We just carved out circles to make it look like big snowballs. Kaili helped put all the pieces on. The kit even included a heart. We decided our snowman looked pretty lazy all reclined in his chair but at least we made him.

The whole family with the finished product! If Kaili weren’t on my lap you would see that my pants are neither buttoned nor zipped.

We also made a ramp out of our back stairs. Kaili loved it! She even convinced me to go down it with her, but no one needs to see that. :)

As Kaili would put it, "We have ice all over ourselves!"
Kaili the hoodlum, after coming in from the snow.
7 comments:
I loved the little video...and her little hoodlum hat.
I was wondering if you could send me the pattern or directions to make that darling little shirt dress? If it is too much trouble I totally understand! I agree, a pregnant momma needs her naps.
My e-mail address is;
mp_marshman@yahoo.com...I can send you my street address if that is easier.
No pressure, though. Honest.
I don't know if I am having a girl or anything...there are some ladies in my ward that would love the pattern and hey, If I manage to get a girl I will use it, too.
Oh, wait...I went to your post about the dress and saw that you gave someone the pattern online. Is that the pattern you used for Kaili's dress?
I LOVE the video. I can't wait to see you guys on Friday!!!!!
That is a great snowman! That was actually nice of you guys to have him sitting down. I always feel so sorry for those snowmen out there having to stand for weeks even months at a time. :)
Love the video! She is so dang cute!
How fun! We weren't able to make a snowman this year, so far at least. I like Dan's idea of using the chair, lol. We had a snowman kit last year, the kids loved it.
Call me if you need a ride to storytime tomorrow! I took Aaron to Barnes and Noble for storytime today and he had a lot of fun playing there, I thought of calling you, but we went right after dropping off Dallin around 9, too early for you!
I love it! Leave it to Dan to suggest the snowman reclines. Love the video too. I keep recording my stuff sideways. Makes me angry!
That ramp is awesome!
.... and your comment about your non-buttoned pants made me realize something... you need to put up a picture of your pregnant belly! I've never even seen it!
Post a Comment