Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Jewelry Making Night

While staying at the hospital, there aren't a whole lot of fun things to do.  The one exception is jewelry making night.  Under normal circumstances I'm sure I would sound really juvenile, but two Wednesdays every month a foundation brings boxes and boxes of beads and we get to make jewelry.  I love it!

I usually only have time to make one bracelet or necklace each time because it always takes me a while to find my groove, but since we are almost always there when they come, my jewelry collection has grown quite a bit.  Of course I enjoy the making and creating but I also enjoy getting an evening in the middle of the week when Dan watches Averi in the room and Kaili and I get to go have fun.  It's our night to be spoiled.  

Kaili's creations are always fun and very unique.  Sometimes she goes for a pattern and sometimes she picks out the craziest beads she can find and puts them all together.  She usually pops out 3 or 4 things before our time is up.
 Dan kept following me around tonight because he wanted to capture my concentration.  Here you have it - me deep in thought, planning my next masterpiece.  Trust me, there are many more to come.

1 comment:

Lauren in GA said...

I am so glad that you get some kind of a creative outlet at the hospital. I think it's cute how Dan wanted to capture your concentration.