Today was Kaili’s first day of preschool! We have been counting down the days for weeks now.
I know what you’re thinking, there’s no way I’m old enough to be the mother of a preschooler, but it’s true. She needed a totebag for class so I let her pick out some fabric and made one for her.
She’s even more excited because her friend Logen (on the left) who lives next door is in her class as well. (Yes, Mat, on the right, is only two years old.)
She looked so big going into her class room. I’m pretending that she looked back at me with tears in her eyes and then ran back over and hugged me. :) (Who, Kaili? Independent? No!)
Her teacher, Mrs. Duncan, is super excited about teaching this year. At orientation she kept talking about how smart the kids are.
It took a while for me to realize that preschool meant productive time for me as well. I quickly ran home, changed my clothes, and 'enjoyed' deep cleaning my bathroom. It's also going to be a great opportunity to spend time with Averi. I can already tell that I am going to be very protective of my Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
3 comments:
She looks so big and she is so beautiful. I love the bag and the hair-do. What a doll.
I love the picture of her going into class.
Alright I've decided I just need tocheck your blog no matter what the feed says. I'm all caught up though. Great job on the birthday! Oh, and I love Ren Faires! Dan truely missed out. I hope Kaili is loving school
Cute! She and Kaylee have the same taste. I made Kaylee a dress out of that tote fabric and she has the same Old Navy shirt. Great minds think alike :)
If we are still here, we will definitley be checking out that preschool for Kaylee.
Post a Comment