I was pleasantly surprised, while visiting with family and friends over Christmas, to find out just how many people read our blogs because I have no way of knowing who reads them. I just wanted to share a few tidbits of information with those of you who may not be familiar with everything that the blogging world has to offer. :)
If you have trouble remembering to check the blogs (although my mom does a good job of reminding people) or you get tired of checking them when I have dry spells, I can add you to a list that will email the posts directly to you.
You can leave comments, thoughts, and words of wisdom! Just click on the ‘# friends said…’ link at the bottom of any post (or the ‘# people lovin’ me’ on Averi’s blog). I have set up an ‘Anonymous’ option so that anyone can leave messages, even if you don’t have a Google account. (If you do this, please write your name at the bottom of your comment so I know who it is from.)
We love that so many of you read our blogs and stay updated on what is going on in our lives (which is also a great motivator for me to keep writing). For how anti-blog I was in the beginning, I am so grateful that we have such an easy way to stay connected. Thank you for all your love and support! Happy Reading!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have a thing on mine that shows who visiting. Sometimes its a blogspot or sometimes its just the town. I find it comforting, to know if anyone I don't know is viewing I can find out pretty quick who it is. So far I have always known whom they were. Also, we are still waiting on the Air Force to send Rob the list of sites that we can choose from. After we get the list decide on some picks then the lastest we'll hear back will be MARCH! Crazy, I know especially when he graduates in April. Believe me we are getting kind of tired of "I don't know where we're going after graduation?"
Tina, what do you use to track everybody? Is it Sitemeter?
There are things you can use to figure out who is reading...but some of them are confusing.
I love reading blogs from you and people back home, it's nice to keep in touch especially since we only get back to VA once every few years. Blogger offers a tracker, if you go to Add Gadget on your layout page then search "blog tracker" in the search bar it will come up with "FeedJit" that's what I use on ours. It gives you the town, state and what site they came from so that gives you a pretty good idea who's checking.
Hope y'all are doing great your girls are adorable!
Yeah, I'm glad you got it! Just so you know I'm the Orem one and Brandi checked up at Marci's house and that's the Layton one. So people go through my blog to see yours. So if its a different town you can ask me and I could probably tell you who it was. Love you
It is amazing all the things you can do to stay connected! It is wonderful!! :)
Post a Comment