Friday, January 22, 2010

Notes to Self

When grasping the blades of an electric knife, unplug the knife before trying to remove the blades just in case you accidentally hit the power button instead of the eject button.

If your deeply sliced open finger won’t stop bleeding and you think you need stitches, don’t listen to your husband when he says, “I get cuts all the time. Hold it above your head and I’ll put lots of Neosporin on it. Can you feel it throbbing? That’s a good sign. You want the band aid to be really tight.”

When your finger is still bleeding two hours later, do not just wrap another band aid around the bloody band aid. It’s probably not a good sign.

When your OCD self gets annoyed that the lines on your finger aren’t matching up as they heal, know that it is your own fault for not going to get stitches and letting your husband fix you up like they do on UFC.

5 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

When I read the first line I said, "Oh, no." out loud.

I appreciate this post. I have made a mental note of all the advice you listed.

Well, at least Dan didn't suggest you use duct tape, right? I saw that on Flip This House, recently and I was kind of scared for the injured party.

Glenn and Melanie said...

And did you call your mom the nurse or your dad the doctor?? I did tell you the next day after you sent me a picture of it that you could pull it apart and put it back together again if it bothered you that much (and if you like torture!!!) You must admit, when you did tell me, I sent you a video of how to make a butterfly bandage and info on how to help it heal better! Love ya lots!

Vanessa said...

Ya, that sounds like Dan. Here's another word of advice: never listen to Dan when it comes to medical emergencies... no matter how small. ;) He may have LOTS of experience, but that may not necessarily be a good thing.

Jaime said...

ewwww. no more electric knives please.

Tina said...

how does Dan's comments sound so natural coming out of his mouth. Seriously, we weren't even surprised to hear those quotes. He makes us laugh, Miss you Dan!