This was the first year that Kaili not only fully understood Santa but actually asked questions about him. Oddly enough, we totally forgot about the whole visit Santa thing until Christmas Eve. So after Dan got home from work on the 24th we headed to the mall, waited in line for an hour and a half, and then found out that we couldn’t take any of our own pictures unless we bought their $20 package…um no, I don’t think so.
So when we got close to seeing Santa, I snuck out of line, walked around to the other side of the hall, pulled out my camera, and pretended to not know anyone. (I’m pretty sure that if it had been Dan doing this someone would have accused him of being a pervert.)
I was pretty far away and Kaili couldn’t really pose for me, but at least we got some sort of proof that Averi saw Santa on her first Christmas and Kaili got to sit on His lap.
Even better than not getting decent pictures with Santa was when Dan asked Kaili what she was going to ask Santa to bring her for Christmas (mind you this was Christmas Eve evening). She declared that she wanted a teddy bear. I remembered that I have a bag of my old stuffed animals in the basement and helped her decide that a penguin would be cooler. Disaster averted!
2 comments:
You sneaky little girl, you. ;) I wish I had thought of that.
You are stealthy!! Great pictures and glad you avoided disaster with a penguin.
Post a Comment