Kaili celebrated turning three with an underwater party. She wanted a Nemo party and a mermaid party, so we made a compromise. It was a blast! And yes, life does go on even when it’s turned upside down. (Kaili is obsessed with her friend Saydria's shoes.)

The invitations were corked bottles filled with sand and shells.

All the kids wore swimsuits and played water games. We even set up a ghetto slip ‘n slide which consisted of a sheet of plastic, a sprinkler, and Dan pulling kids down it with a rope (mostly because we don’t have a hill and none of their little bodies would slide very far). It was quite a hit! The kids also liked the slide going into the kiddie pool. Some of them managed to slide right out of the pool. After games we had dinner. We ate octopus hot dogs, mini oceans (blue jello with fish inside), fish eggs (grapes), goldfish, swedish fish, and blue Kool-Aid. (We forgot to serve the shell pasta salad.)

Kaili wanted a Nemo cake, which was good because I couldn’t make a mermaid cake. I thought it turned out pretty well. I’m really starting to like making cakes.
When everyone was done we went inside to open presents. Kaili got lots of great presents and had lots of great help opening them. Finally, the kids decorated ocean bags to take their goodies home in. They were filled with lifesavers, more gold and swedish fish, turtle eggs (bouncy balls), pirate eye patches or rings, and Nemo fruit snacks.
After the fact, Dan and I realized that this was the first official party we have ever thrown. It was a little crazy with 28 people, but I think it turned out pretty well. At least I know Kaili had fun!
10 comments:
How FUN!!! Time goes by so fast! FYI-- Your cake looks great!
That cake looks awesome!! You did a GREAT job! Sounds like it was a fun fun party, and I'll bet Kaili will be talking about it for weeks.
Sounds like a greata party. The cake is gorgeous.
Sounds like sooo much fun! Happy birthday Kaili! :)
You guys really do know how to throw a party, we had a really fun time (we always have fun with you guys though)...you should throw parties more often. :)
What a great party!!!! I laughed at how Dan pulled the kids on a rope...now that is cool. The cake looks great...and I don't even like fish!!!
You are so awesome!
Kaili's party looks like so much fun. You really are turning in to the master cake decorator! Maybe next year the mermaid (you can do it)! Your seemingly endless amounts of energy never ceases to amaze me, how do you do it all? I can't wait to hear how the beach was. I hope all went well. Lots of love!
This made me laugh because I thought you said it was an "underwear" party. I thought- that is an interesting theme for a birthday party- and what does the little mermaid and Nemo have to do with that? Then I reread it... I need to have my eyes checked!! ha ha!
I love cake! Sean wanted a volcano cake. By the time we got it to his G-ma's house it was starting to lean a bit. Can you believe they are already 3!!! I was just looking at pictures from their 1st. Miss you!!!!!
You creative cute girl! Love the invite and the cake - way to go!! Wow - I can't believe Kaili is 3 already!?!?! So crazy!!! Happy Birthday sweet girl!
Post a Comment