Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Top Sail Island

This last week (August 22-29) we were able to go to Top Sail Beach with my family. My parents finally bought a beach house there so we are looking forward to being able to spend many more summers there. It was fun and crazy, but who wouldn’t eat up a chance to go to the beach?

Kaili loved walking in the foam that the waves brought up. She also thought it was really fun to look backwards while she was walking on the sand so that she could see her own footprints. She kept imitating the Heisman pose while she did it and I couldn’t stop laughing. My mom supplied the sunscreen. Do you think we are a white family? (Note that most of those are 30 or 50 spf.)Kaili LOVED playing in the sand. I didn’t get to spend a ton of time out in the sun but Nama took Kaili out to play several times. Her favorite toy was the dog leash – don’t ask me why.Seth dug a whole for Kaili to chill in.Averi enjoyed the shade on the sand.My daughter Slick. A few days of sunscreen did wonders on her hair (no, her hair is not wet).One morning the boys all went out and tried to learn how to surf. They all came back exhausted with scraped up chests. Luckily the waves were pretty good. (If Seth’s not posing, it’s not Seth.)

We also spent some time in the pool. Since we’ve had an interesting summer, this was Kaili’s first time in the pool with wings. She loved swimming all by herself.Averi mostly enjoyed the nightly walks.One day we went to Wilmington and visited the serpentarium. It was filled with the world’s most poisonous snakes and lizards. It was Awesome! (except for the pictures of people who had bitten)The love birds!Of course there was drama with Averi’s G-Tube, but we actually made it to the end of this vacation. I think I’ve mentioned this before, but yes, we are crazy. Hopefully now we will have some down time before the holidays. ;) Thanks Mom and Dad!

3 comments:

Glenn and Melanie said...

Oh - the memories!!!!!

Stephanie said...

This looks like a great time! Kevin's totally offended that he didn't make the cut for being in pictures on your blog post about the party. He said he's never going to another party again.

Lauren in GA said...

That sunscreen picture is cracking me up. Your mom is awesome.

Sorry about the G-tube...I'm glad you got to stay until the end, though.

You are so beautiful, Tiffany...and I would tell you how handsome I think your husband is...but that may not be appropriate. I mean, he's no Mike Marshman but I think he is very handsome and you are a great looking couple.