Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Silky

Enough about breast milk. I finally finished Averi’s silky!
When Kaili was a baby I made her a silky. She loves it and still sleeps with it and holds it when she gets hurt. I wanted to make one for Averi too, so I bought the fabric, went on bed rest, had a baby in the NICU, recovered from a cesarean, returned the baby to the hospital for open heart surgery…blah, blah, blah…and then I finally finished the silky!

I think it turned out really cute! The pink one is Kaili’s and the purple on is Averi’s.
Maybe one day I’ll stop talking about making and selling them and actually do it.

4 comments:

Sara Emily said...

I would buy one! That is awesome. It looks like Kaili's had held up really well!!

Josh n Betsie said...

i would buy 4...but you know when you get time you do it ;) right...time huh?

Vanessa said...

Very cute - I like the zebra stripes. Sassy!

Lauren in GA said...

Great, great job!! I love that they have your signature animal prints on them.

You are amazing, girlie. I have to tell you that you are, the. most. dedicated. mother that I know. The way you are dedicated to breast feeding through tremendous obstacles...most mommas with NICU babies give up on breast feeding...you kept with it. Then, when Averi started having feeding problems due to the dairy, well...most Moms would have just stayed with formula...not you, you kept pumping and working hard so she can have the antibodies. You are amazing.