Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Birthday...plus 2 weeks

Two weeks ago today, Dan turned 31! I realize I am a “little” late, but I have a long list of viable excuses. So even though it’s delayed, I am making sure that everyone knows just how old Dan really is. :)
We had a wonderful time celebrating his birthday (on his birthday, not two weeks later). We ate his favorite dinner, shrimp fettuccine alfredo, and then had him play “hot and cold” to find his presents hidden around the house since I forgot to wrap them. I decided to make him a real cheesecake for dessert, since that is his all time favorite and I have only ever made him pudding no-bake cheesecakes.
As I began mixing the ingredients for the crust, I realized that I don’t even own a spring-form pan. Those are kind of critical in making a cheesecake. It was then that it hit me what a horrible wife I am. I have been married to the man of my dreams for almost 5 years and have yet to ever make him his favorite dessert. What is wrong with me?
After borrowing a pan from my neighbor, the pressure was really on to make this a memorable cake. When I showed him the finished product he was so excited! Then we tried to take off the edge of the pan. Apparently you have to grease them really well and I didn’t grease mine at all. Luckily Dan didn’t mind having digging into the pan with a large spoon.
He loved it so much, in fact, that he helped me make another one two days later (yes, the first one was already gone). This time I was prepared with my own pan, grease, and flour! Hopefully now that the initial hesitation about making a cheesecake has worn off, Dan will get to enjoy them a little more often! Thank you Jaime for the amazing Turtle Cheesecake recipe – it was amazing!

That's right - Hook 'em Horns!
Enjoying our delicious cheesecake (the one that I didn't forget to grease)!

Dan, I just want you to know how much I really do love you! I don’t always show it, but I am so grateful to have you in my life. I know that you would do anything for me and I’m so glad you decided to stalk me. Thank you for being a worthy priesthood holder and taking me to the temple to be sealed for eternity. I can’t think of anyone else who I would rather be with. You really are the man of my dreams and my short, dark, and handsome! I LOVE YOU!!!

10 comments:

Brandy said...

You did a great job on that cheesecake. It looked great, and Derrick said it was really good!!

Soggy in Seattle said...

The cheesecake looks yummy! Sadly I've been in the "bad wife" boat on birthdays. I'm glad our hubbies love us regardless!

Tina said...

Tell the old man that I said Happy Birthday! We miss you guys

Lauren in GA said...

"Hook 'em Horns?" *ahem* don't you mean, "Go Hokies!". Just kidding.

Happy Birthday to your wonderful hubby. I am so happy that you are so happy, Tiffany!

Micaela said...

Pretty romantic Tiff... :) Happy birthday Dan!

Vanessa said...

That was very sweet to make him a "real" cheesecake! They are pretty time-consuming.
And by the way... springform pans are over-rated for making cheesecakes. I've just used a regular round cake pan and line it with parchment paper. This way you don't have to grease the pan, which alters the cheesecake when you bake it.

Vanessa said...

Nice haircut, Dan!

Stephanie said...

It was a very yummy cheesecake! Kevin and I have been married for almost 11 years and I have yet to make a real cheesecake, so you are way ahead of me! We love you guys and we are happy we could help celebrate by eating some of that yummo cheesecake. So glad you are feeling better too, Tiffany!

Tina said...

You will pay for that comment!
*dagger eyes!*

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

As I was reading this blog entry, my 3 yr old comes up, sees the cake and says, "mom, I wanna eat it." so funny. I wish I could make cheesecake, It never turns out so I've stopped trying.