This weekend we ventured our first family campout with Kaili. It was quite the experience! We got lost getting there so we didn’t arrive until after 8pm. Luckily it was a ward campout so a fire was already built. We cooked foil dinners, roasted marshmallows, and finally got Kaili in bed at 10:45. Dan and I were just getting settled when a man I didn’t know carried Kaili over to us. Apparently she had unzipped the tent and was wandering around barefoot and in her pajamas looking for us. Needless to say, I freaked out and spent the next hour and a half lying in the tent with Kaili trying to get her to sleep. (She conveniently won’t sleep if she can see other people.) The night finally ended at about 1:30. The next morning, we enjoyed hot chocolate, especially Kaili, relaxed a little, and then headed home. I think it will be a while before we risk that adventure again!!
Kaili kept gaurding her face against the heat from the fire.

Group sleeping conditions.
Do you think she liked the hot chocolate?
More, please!

Contemplative

Mommy's little tree hugger.

6 comments:
We've been thinking that we might try camping. We've been putting it off and now we just might risk it.
I am so glad that you guys have a blog now. It has been so fun to see what you guys are up to & to see pictures of cute Kali. She is beautiful! What a cutie. Hopefully too much time won't go by before we can see you guys in person. I am glad to hear you are a SYTYCD fan as well. How can you not be though if you have ever danced? Take Care!
I love that tree hugging pic. She is so sweet!
Tiffany she looks just like you. At least I think she does. That is kind of scarey she got out. AHH!!! It looks like fun though. Miss you guys
Love the picture of Kaili in the sink! Sounds like the ward campout was fun! We had planned on going all week and then looked it up on the ward website and couldn't find anything, so I thought maybe there wasn't one. (Kev's dad told us he heard the announcement in church.) Glad you guys had a good time, other than the little wandering Kaili!
What a cute grand daughter!!!! It's Happy Camper Time!
Post a Comment