Sunday, March 15, 2009

Get You Out

Recently Kaili has been requesting that I let her listen to the song “Get You Out.” For a couple of days I couldn’t figure out what she was talking about. Then, one day while I had the radio playing in the background while we were driving, Kaili enthusiastically asked me to turn up the music so she could hear “Get You Out.” Only then did I realize that she was referring to the All-American Rejects song Gives You Hell!
Ummm…whoops! Maybe I should be paying a little more attention to what’s playing on the radio. At least she didn’t get the chance to pick up on what the words really are. Man, between locking her in her room and letting her listen to uplifting music, I am going to do great as a mother of two!

4 comments:

Tina said...

That's awesome. She can still listen just make sure you sing very loud, her "correct" lyrics. See...parenting is easy.

Lauren in GA said...

That's hilarious! Don't you worry...you are a great mom!

Stephanie said...

I'm reading this post and Cole and Kai are both sitting on my lap. Cole is sitting here saying "Tippiny" over and over. It's funny to be at the point in parenthood when kids can memorize songs and it's then that we realize exactly what the words are. You are a great mom, Kaili is learning so many wonderful things from you!

Screwed Up Texan said...

I couldn't believe it when my then four year old began singing at the top of his lungs, "I kissed a girl and I like it!" It was cute but it made me pay more attention to what we listened to on the radio.