Wednesday, March 25, 2009

First in, First out

I have wanted one of these for a very long time but they are way too expensive. (If you can figure out what it is before reading the rest of the post you are one step ahead of me when I first saw it.) Fortunately for me, my husband loves me and is very creative. He decided to surprise me and design and construct them while I was out of town a few weeks ago. Here it is in action:
It is called “first in, first out.” You put your cans in the top, they roll to the bottom, and you use the oldest cans before the newer ones. What OCD perfectionist wouldn’t love having these? (Ignore the stains. Kaili promptly poured grape juice on them while I wasn’t looking. I think it adds a nice touch.) Thank you Dan!

13 comments:

Nicki said...

I am very jealous. Probably because I am OCD. I am getting a system from www.shelfreliance.com for our basement. I am very excited.

Tina said...

Nice job Dan, where did he get that talent. Just kidding Dan, am I still in the running to be #2??

Seriously, I'm very impressed

Lauren in GA said...

Those are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

That's really cool! I'm impressed!

Stephanie said...

Kevin heard Tonya Williams really built them. :) hahaha

Brandy said...

Those are so cool! GREAT job Dan!

Tanner said...

Very COOL! Ya, I totally want some of those... someday! That was really sweet of and creative of Dan!! SO - I can't believe you are already so far along in your pregnancy!!! That is so exciting!! Hope you are feeling well! Ya, I love the Toki name!! ;) (Did I even spell it right?!?!

Tanner said...

ha, ha, HA!!! WOOPS!! I meant 'Yoki'... ha, ha, so hilarious!!! :)

Vanessa said...

Hey, that's pretty cool! Great job Dan! Now make me one, too. ;) JK. Love ya!

Kendall, Starla, Conner, Aleck, and Jared said...

I need those too! When I get home from the grocery store I reorganize my cans so that I used the oldest ones first. This would be so much better. Maybe when I have a house someday Kendall will make me some.

Soggy in Seattle said...

What a handy guy - a keeper for sure! I hope you're feeling good.

shhluke said...

That could be one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I'm sure I'm sure there's some holiday/ even coming up where Spencer could "suprise" me with that. I'll have to let him know. :)

Jaime said...

Yeah, sign me up for a set too! Or at least for the blueprints!