Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Feast

Kaili's preschool had a Thanksgiving Feast today.  It was really cute!

The kids all made Indian headdresses and the parents got to pretend to be pilgrims.
When I first got there all of the parents were standing in the cafeteria waiting for the kids to sneak up and surprise us.  When they got to the door some of the kids got confused so Kaili was the only one to run through the door with arms wide open yelling, "Surprise!"  That kid cracks me up!

We ate chicken nuggets, rolls, apples, chips, craisins, cookies, and chocolate milk.  It was so fun to see Kaili interacting with all of her new friends, and of course with Logen.

When it was time to go, I walked Kaili to her room to get her stuff and noticed the new board her teacher put up.  Apparently she asked all of the kids what they were thankful for and then hung it on their "Thankful Tree."  Kaili's answer was so sweet.  She may not fully understand everything that is going on in our lives right now but no one could ever question the love she has for her sister.

2 comments:

Katie Leigh said...

I have to say, those are some wise kids. I don't know too many kids that are thankful to have their sister around for 6 more days or for Dad to go to work. They sound more like grown-up thankful things.

As for that guinea pig kid, well, that's another story.

Lauren in GA said...

Awww, that is so sweet that she is thankful for her baby sister. I am glad you got to see that tree.