This week Kaili turned 4! She wanted to celebrate her birthday with a princess party but I had to talk her out of it since the majority of her friends are boys (player). She finally decided on a Safari Party and it was so much fun!
Dan greeted the guests by giving them a compass and bandana and stamping their passport (invitation).
Dan greeted the guests by giving them a compass and bandana and stamping their passport (invitation).
Then we made binoculars out of cups to help us on our safari hunt.
Once we were armed and ready, we set off on safari to find the hidden animals in the yard. After that we had an elephant race where the kids had to use their trunks to hold the tail of the person in front of them. I’m not gunna lie, they were pretty uncoordinated.
All that hard work built up an appetite and we chowed down on snake eyes, beetle wings, crocodile teeth, and ants on a log.
Kaili opted for a lion cake.
Lunch was followed by a very amusing game of safari animal charades. Kids are hysterical when left to their own devices! The last thing we did was make lion masks.
As we finished up, all the kids begged Dan to spin them on the tire swing. I think it goes without saying that food and tire swings do not go well together. The party ended with a splash as one of the boys puked several times after dismounting the swing. Don’t worry, Dan took care of it after everyone left.
Each of the kids went home with a ‘Safari Rations’ bag full of animal crackers and safari goodies.
Kaili made out like a bandit this year. We gave her a Barbie palace (that Dan got for free)…
and a new bike (that we found by the dumpster in Memphis, also for free ). She's already riding it like a pro.
She also got a ton of Littlest Pet Shop stuff and a really cool Super Kaili cape that she already wants to wear for Halloween.
All in all, it was an amazing party, Kaili had a ton of fun, and I will definitely lower my expectations for next year (I can’t help that I’m an over achiever).
4 comments:
Wow, I'm IMPRESSED!! With all that you have going on, you somehow pulled off a super creative and fun party. Your kids have a wonderful mom!
What a super great party - wish I could have been there. I love my super Kaili!!
It sounds like it was lovely!! I laughed when you noted that Kaili is a player. The cake looks adorable. Sorry about the puke, though.
LOL. I love that you snapped a pic of Dan spraying down the puke. Too funny. You set the bar high for next year. Aaron had such a great time at the party.
Post a Comment