Monday, November 17, 2008

Atlanta

Last week Kaili and I went to Atlanta with my mom and dad. While my dad spent some of the time at his conference, my mom, Kaili, and I went out on the town. Then we spent the evenings eating out. It was so much fun! Hold on to your seats, this is a week’s worth of exciting photos:

The Coca-cola Factory: Three generations.
Taste testing. They had every kind of soda that Coca-cola makes. Some were good and some were disgusting.
Georgia Aquarium: Kaili loved the beluga whales. One of them kept blowing bubbles under the water.
There was a huge tank with a moving walkway going through it. Hammerhead sharks and sting rays swam right over our heads. Check out that fish behind us.
Kaili was the most excited about seeing the sharks. This whale shark was huge.
With little fear, Kaili touched the sharks, stingrays, starfish, horseshoe crabs, and sea anemones.
We saw two different 4-D movies and Kaili loved them both. She held her glasses on the entire time and kept laughing “wet” when we got sprayed with water.
We went to a really fun burger joint called Johnny Rocket’s. I think it was Kaili’s favorite restaurant because she got a hat and balloon.
How cute are grandma and grandpa?
Museum of Natural History: It was a kid craft day so we got free ice cream. We also got to watch a puppet show, make paper snow flakes, and wear snow goggles.
Kaili was only interested in seeing the dinosaurs.
As Kaili would say, “Naked Kaili!”
We went to a really good seafood restaurant. I got over a pound of crab claws. My dad really enjoyed his lobster (and the complementary bib)! He's so handsome!
Atlanta History Center – There was a whole Jim Henson exhibit, which was really exciting because Kermit and the Sesame Street characters were there. In case you’re wondering, yes, Kaili’s pants are wet. When she told me, I looked down her pants and she had no diaper on. After loudly blaming my mom for forgetting to put one on, I found it at the bottom of one of her pants legs. Apparently there was no velcro on one of the straps. Whoops!
Zoo Atlanta: There were tons of gorillas there but Kaili liked this one the best.
The petting zoo let you go in with the animals. This pig laid down when Kaili started combing its hair. She thought it was so cool.
When we first went in, Kaili hugged one of the goats. It promptly turned and butted her. She didn’t seem to mind.
I really enjoyed eating at a little Greek place that served topas. It was so yummy. We had so much fun!!! If anyone else needs someone to pamper, sign me up. :) Thanks mom and dad!

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

What a fun trip! You guys should come out here and we can all go out and have fun like that here!

Mike and Wendy said...

When Mike and I were first dating we went to the Coca-Cola factory. We still remember the soda named Beverly because it was the most disgusting thing we'd ever had!
The aquarium is amazing, isn't it? We've been there twice and can't wait to go again!
Glad you enjoyed Atlanta!

Rachel said...

Your trip looked like a lot of fun! We went to the Coca-Cola factory a few years ago, it is really interesting, i think i tried ever disgusting drink they had :)

Soggy in Seattle said...

I'm sure your mom & dad were in heaven having you out! I can't believe what a big girl Kaili is, she is so cute! Kaya saw the photo of your mom & said "mama, mama" and pointed to me. Funny! I hope you have a great thanksgiving!

Lauren in GA said...

Tiffany, it was so great to see your Mom and Dad on the blog!! They are so cute and I miss them!

Your daughter is so cute...I know I always say that but it is so true!

Stephanie said...

This looks like so much fun! The aquarium looked awesome! That's hilarious about Kaili's diaper missing the velcro! I think the Coca-Cola factory sounds awesome, too! I'm curious about your favorite and least favorite. :)