Sunday, April 3, 2011

Not What I Expected, But Still Good

My birthday has come and gone, and while it wasn't at all what I was hoping for, I suppose it could have been a lot worse. :)

I spent the day with Averi in the ED yesterday and I was pretty bummed when she was admitted to stay overnight.  Dan came over with Kaili once we were settled in a room and we had Arby's for my 'birthday' dinner.  I'm not gunna lie, I love me some roast beef and Arby's sauce!

I then got to wake up alone on my birthday but at least it was in my bed at home instead of on the hospital couch, and I did convince Kaili to snuggle with me for maybe 1 minute before she was off being her busy self.  We spent the day watching conference and hoping that Dan and Averi would come home soon.

Thankfully, Averi was discharged in the late afternoon so I was able to have my whole family together for a small part of the day, which was the only present I really wanted.  I know that sounds super cheesy and like something a mom would say, but I have a decent excuse...oh and I in no way want to return the fabulous i-pod touch that Dan got for me or the book that Kaili made.

I was secretly bummed that I wasn't even going to have cake on my birthday (shhh - Dan makes fun of me for still finding magic in birthdays) and then Dan surprised me with a lava cake. :)  It was super yummy!
I am so grateful for my wonderful family and how they show their love for me even when times are tough and life doesn't go exactly as planned.  Here's to another year with them in my life.

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I am glad that Dan found a way for your birthday to be special. Yay for cake!

Tanner said...

You are so cute Tiffany! I loved this post... family is a wonderful thing! :) Your girls are so beautiful!!