Monday, March 28, 2011

Crafting

I've been holding off posting about my recent crafts because I wanted to wait until I finished something more profound.  Since I'm not sure when I'll be able to schedule profound into my life, here is fun and less profound.

I finally got around to painting some letters for Averi's room today.  I made some for Kaili when she was little and bought these months ago, but now they are painted.  The picture isn't very good, but they turned out really cute and I nailed them on the wall above her crib.

With going back and forth to the hospital all the time, my jewelry was getting really tangled and I set out to find and make a solution.  I compiled several ideas and came up with this travel bag.
It hangs necklaces and bracelets and has clear pockets for earrings, smaller bracelets, and whatever else I want to bring along.  It even fold up into a little pouch so nothing gets lost or tangled.  I'm pretty proud of this one, which is good because it's going to be used a lot.
I have also been hard at work making cute decorations for Averi's naked head.  I have knitted several hats, made headbands out of tights, and made tons of flower bow clips that can go on hats, headbands, or hair.
One day I will get around to making Averi's baby blanket and recovering the sofa cushions...for now I think I'll stick to the smaller less scary projects.

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

You could market that jewelry travel case/holder. Genius.

I think your crafting is very profound.

Vanessa said...

The average woman doesn't do half as many crafty projects as you do, and they aren't nearly as awesome as your "less profound" ones are. You are amazing, Tiff! I wish we lived close so that some of your craftiness could rub off on me.